Thursday, October 19, 2017

Hello From the MTC

HI Friends and Family! 
I survived my first week here! YAY. I have loved it here. It is so hard and so worth it. My companion has watched me cry multiple times but she has also watched me laugh until I cant breathe. So weird how there can be such drastically different emotions in the same place huh? 

Anyway let me tell you a little bit about what's been going on. First off surprise, I get to have an iPad in the MTC! It's been a big blessing in reaching out to investigators and searching for videos during lessons. Also, I have no clue why they did this but, I was called to be the district technology adviser. Basically, I just get to make sure everyone is following the rules in terms of technology. It's pretty simple but it also gave me a bit of a confidence boost because if the Lord thinks I can handle another thing on my plate I must be doing okay as a missionary. 

So my companion, Sister Bentley, is just the best. To tell you a little bit about her personality let me share with you a story. Second day here I am already falling asleep in class #darnnarcolepsy . So I tell Sister Bentley that I am going to just stand up in the back of the room (literally like two feet behind her) and she says "nope WE will stand in the back". So for the rest of the meeting, Sister Bentley stood in the back of the classroom with me balancing her notes on her knee just so I wouldn't be lonely. SOOOO sweet. 

Okay I'll end with one funny story. So here we were 9:30 at night and we get a pounding on the door. We open it and they say Sister Aase they are looking for you at the front desk. Sister Bentley and I look at our SDLs and then at each other and then at our outfits... pajamas. The SDLs insisted that we just leave immediately because the people on the phone at the front desk sounded concern. So here we go, both in pajamas, walking through campus to get to the front desk (on the other side of campus). We get there and I'm like shaking because I think I'm in trouble and I'm cold and embarrassed because we ran into like 20 different Elders... I digress. We get to the front desk and before even saying a word they hand me a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I look at them really confused and then they look at me really confused (probably because of the pajamas) and then they say "you're Sister Aase right?". So I take the doughnuts and start walking back. Then I read the note on the top of the box... from Clayn Smith... ???  It sounds familiar, but where do I know a Clayn Smith from . . . but thanks for the doughnuts!. The sisters and I have been joking about it all week saying all the different people he could be. So funny. I wish I could send a picture but unfortunately, I can't figure out how it works on this computer. 

I love all of you guys and I'm so grateful you will be on this journey with me and be able to see how my testimony grows each week- because I know it will. If I could tell all of you one thing I learned this week, it would be that God is real, and loves each and every one of us so much. He sent His Son down for us and through the Atonement we can be with Him and His Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ again. 

Thank you for the support,

Sister Aase

My MTC companion, Sister Bentley