Thursday, October 26, 2017

Wait a second.... we are fish!

This week my district decided to be fish haha:) Sister Bentley got the cutest package with all fished themed things including seaweed, a fish protein bar, and fish stickers! We all decided to eat this nasty stuff together as a district for a “district bonding activity”. Needless to say, we sure became closer after seeing about half our district almost throw up... including me! Sooooo nasty haha. We then all wore fish stickers all day long and we are convinced that’s how we got our investigators to talk to us. My district is seriously just the best and we all get along just swimmingly ... hehe. 

So I've been asked to talk a little bit more about my companion and my roommates so here we go.  My companion is my dear sister Bentley. She is a hoot. She is such a hard worker like me and has so much knowledge of the scriptures. She is teaching me something new every day. Also, she used to work in a cheese factory.... like a legit cheese factory! Could I have asked for a better companion! I think not. 

The two lovely girls in the middle are Sister Bentley and my roommates. They are in our district and coming to Nampa with us. Sister Pace is from CA (Ventura area) and is my absolute soul mate. She is the only person I have met on this planet (besides my dear sister Maddie) that understands all my Disney references and can stump me in Disney 20 questions. Sister Temple is just as cute and missionary-like as her name sounds. She is from Texas. She is also just the sweetest person I have ever met and is always thinking of others. 

I was also asked to talk a little about how this whole TRC thing works. So basically, these people walk around with gold name tags and their job is to be an investigator. Some are members and some are actual investigators curious about the church. They don’t tell us and so most of the time we just assume they are legit. It’s really neat because we get to experience walking up to people and talking to them. Also, we get the experience of planning out our schedule to meet their needs and ours as well. It’s just a really cool experience. We got two new investigators this week Meleah and Ethan. Meleah absolutely loves us and tells us all the time that she is going to come and visit us in Nampa when she is driving back home. She is the sweetest person and has honestly taught me so much about life and being happy. Ethan haha is so funny. He just has the craziest questions, but we always try to answer and tell him that we are just little 20-year-old girls haha. He really appreciates how blunt and straight forward we are with him though, which is nice because usually Sister Bentley and I worry we are super mean when we are blunt with investigators. 

I love it here so much and I hope you know that the Gospel is true and it really has the power to change people’s lives. 

Thanks for the prayers, 
Sister Aase

Me & Sister Bentley
My Roommates - Sisters Pace, Bentley, Temple & Aase